The Hudson Valley region is rich in museums and sites that feature art, history, science, culture, and natural beauty. How would you like to enjoy all that the region offers even more thanks to the access that your Plattekill Public Library card provides? With your library card, you can obtain passes to a wide variety of museums, historic sites, and outdoor attractions. These passes are available through the generosity of the Ulster County Legislature, Ulster County Libraries, and the Friends of Library Groups.
The library offers two different kinds of passes:
- print-at-home passes that any patron in Ulster County can use. You can access and reserve these passes online.
- passes that are checked out in person to patrons of the Plattekill Public Library district.
You will find passes to sites in Ulster, Orange, Dutchess, and Columbia counties, plus New York City, Albany, and Schenectady. Passes available to reserve and print at home include Bethel Woods Museum, FDR Library and Museum, the USS Slater, Hudson Highlands Nature Museum, Hudson River Maritime Museum, Museum of Science and Innovation (miSci). New York Transit Museum, Olana State Historic Site, Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, Opus 40, and Thomas Cole National Historic Site.
How to Make a Reservation
- You can reserve passes up to 30 days in advance and print the pass from home or at the library. Some museums also accept passes displayed on a phone.
- The pass will only be valid for the date of the visit listed on the confirmation page.
- From the portal page for museum passes, select the destination you want, read the description, and at the bottom of the description, click on Reserve Pass. This will take you to the reservation system, where you will find the museum listings and dates for you to reserve a pass. Once you select a date, you will be prompted to enter your library card barcode and pin (password). For Print-on-Demand Passes, choose “Print Pass” to print from home. Bring this pass to the destination on the date printed on it.
- If you need to cancel a reservation, use the My Passes button on the TixKeeper Reservation page by logging in with your library barcode. Then click on the pass to cancel or call the library. (If the reservation is within 24 hours or less, My Passes directs you to call the library to cancel for you.)
In-Person Pickup Passes
Would you like to take your family to Minnewaska State Park Preserve for a hike? Plattekill Public Library patrons can check out and pick up an Empire State Pass for three days, a pass that permits day-use vehicle entry to Minnewaska and most facilities and sites operated by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, such as forests, trails, and beaches.
In addition to the Empire State Pass, Plattekill library patrons also can come into the library and check out, in person, passes to the American Museum of Natural History, Mohonk Preserve, Historic Huguenot Street, and Motorcyclepedia Museum.
Note: All in-person pickup passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The library does not do “holds” on these in-person pickup passes.
Check out the Ulster County Library Association’s Museum Passes portal page or call the Plattekill Public Library for further information and assistance, at (845) 883-7286.