MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE PLATTEKILL PUBLIC LIBRARY: July, 2018
BACK TO MINUTES INDEX BACK TO LIBRARY MAIN PAGE
The meeting was called to order at 7:21PM with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Present were: Lynne Ridgeway, President; Valerie Smith, Vice President; Will Farrell, Trustee; Luz Ledesma, Trustee; David Padilla, Trustee; John Georghiou, Director; Mayleen Torres, Treasurer; Donna Ebanks, Secretary.
Joe Egan was excused.
Public Comment: None
→ Motion to accept the amended May 10, 2018 regular Board meeting minutes was made by Luz Ledesma and seconded by David Padilla; all others were in favor and the motion passed.
→ Motion to accept the amended June 14, 2018 regular Board meeting minutes was made by Valerie Smith and seconded by Luz Ledesma; all other were in favor and the motion passed.
Mayleen Torres-Rivera reviewed the Bookkeeper’s report for the Board.
* Warrant of checks was circulated for signatures
* Budget & Finance Committee meeting must be scheduled for the first week of August
* Prior to B&F meeting, John and Mayleen will work on a draft of the 2019 budget
* John will create a 2018 election timeline for the B&F Committee meeting
* Request Plattekill resident Mark Rubinstein serve as Chairperson of the Election
* John will work with Board Secretary Donna Ebanks to position her to serve as Clerk of the Election
* Request use of the Community Room from the Seniors for the Budget vote
→ Motion to approve the June 2018 payroll was made by Luz Ledesma and seconded by David Padilla; all voted in favor and the motion passed.
→ Motion to approve the checks pending audit was made by Will Farrell and seconded by David Padilla; all voted in favor and the motion passed.
* John will share the complete water testing report with the Town.
* Policy Committee must meet to finish the 2017 policy reviews (waiting on Joe Egan) and to create a policy for selecting professional services
* John will submit to the Board a list of the contracted bookkeeper’s tasks
* Report to the Community is still in progress
As Chair of the Personnel Committee, Valerie informed the Board that the Director’s 2017 evaluation would be discussed in Executive Session and provided the following statement from the Personnel Committee’s report: We will be discussing the draft of the Director’s 2017 Evaluation tonight in Executive Session. Since only half the Board chose to participate in this critical Trustee duty, this draft is based on their input. Trustees who did not participate in the first steps of this process will have a last chance to comment in Executive Session, with a limit of two minutes each. Discussion should be restricted to comments on the Director’s performance in 2017 alone. Trustees who do not fulfill their responsibilities to this Board should consider resigning.
Due to a date change for the Friends meeting, Will was unable to attend; however, he did review their follow-up email for the Board.
MHLS Sept/Oct Trustee training. Click on link to register. https://midhudson.org/2018/06/trustee-education-series-announced/
→ Motion to enter into Executive Session at 8:07pm with the Director’s participation for the purpose of discussing: (1) negotiations regarding the purchase/sale of real estate where disclosure could affect the parcel’s value, and (2) without the Director’s participation to discuss a personnel matter involving evaluation of performance about a specific individual was made by Valerie Smith and seconded by Luz Ledesma; all others were in favor and the motion passed.
Will Farrell left at 8:25pm. The Board left Executive Session at 8:28pm, and David Padilla left at 8:30pm.
→ Motion to adjourn at 8:31pm was made by Luz Ledesma; all others were in favor.
Respectfully submitted by: